WHAT DO WE REALLY KNOW ABOUT CHILD ABDUCTION??
What do we really know about child abduction, online grooming and online gaming? Parents and children may not be educated enough on what is really happening in the U.K. At Child Safe we plan to educate both parents and children of the dangers of child crimes. Only then can we learn to prevent these crimes happening in the future. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO? TIPS FOR CHILDREN AND TEENAGERS!
These are some of the main tips that our children and teenagers can learn so they know what to do if ever put in a dangerous situation with an abductor.
- Do you know your address and parents mobile/house number from memory?
- Play it safe. Always be in groups. Never walk around alone.
- Always be aware and pay attention to your surroundings. Headphones and mobile phones are a big distraction.
- Always listen to your gut, no matter how irrational..
- Sit near a family in public.
- Possibly find a different route if walking alone.
- Always tell your parents when approached by a stranger and what they looked like.
- Adults NEVER need help from children.
- Do not get into a stranger’s car.
- If scared call 999 or use the SOS features on iPhone or Samsung. (The videos are below this section)
- Don’t just scream, call for help.